EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Despite the ups and downs of Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity, one thing has remained constant – the media’s respect for its in-house flack Adam Keen. Now the EVP of worldwide publicity and corporate communications is leaving this Friday after seeking an exit for some time. I’m told he’ll consult at Relativity for two more weeks while the finishing touches are put on his new contract with Warner Bros Pictures where he’ll be a film VP reporting to EVP of Domestic Publicity Juli Goodwin. Keen arrived at Relativity in October 2010 when the company absorbed the distribution and marketing functions of Overture Films. (I hear Warner Bros demanded a letter from Relativity formally releasing Keen until the negotiations could even begin.) Keen was promoted at Relativity in 2011 and continued to be responsible for worldwide publicity campaigns and corporate communications, but his duties also spanned all of Relativity Media’s divisions. At Overture, he was SVP of worldwide publicity from May 2007 and before that ID-PR VP for entertainment & brand strategies. He also worked for MGM/UA and DreamWorks.
Keen Leaving Relativity For Warner Bros
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And Oscar Season
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’