The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is hosting a dinner tonight to give its biggest donors — David Geffen being the most recent with his $25M gift — to say thanks and give an update on the project and its $300M capital campaign. The dinner will include a booklet with photos that provide details about the nearly 300,000-square-foot Academy Museum of Motion Pictures that is slated to open in early 2017 on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Fairfax. Among the tidbits about the Renzo Piano- and Zoltan Pali-designed museum (the model below emerged on the Acad’s Twitter page today, with a spokesman saying there’s more photos coming this evening): six levels of exhibition and programming spaces; interactive family-friendly moviemaking labs; a 15,000-square-foot landscaped public piazza for visitors and connect the museum with the LA County Museum of Art campus; and special event spaces for groups of up to 1,000 people and a rooftop terrace with views of the LA basin and Hollywood Hills.
Academy Museum Model Unveiled: Photos
What's Hot on Deadline
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon's Wings? - International Box Office
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Annabella Sciorra Tweets She Has “No Relief” From Harvey Weinstein Arrest
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon’s Wings? – International…
- 'The Gospel According To André' Tops Slow Holiday Weekend; 'Pope Francis' Crosses $1M: Specialty Box Office
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…