ABC‘s new injury-plagued Splash isn’t the only reality diving show hampered by safety concerns. Xinhua News Agency reports 18-year-old Peng Jiaxuan, assistant to martial artist/contestant Shi Xiaolong on China’s Celebrity Splash China, drowned in a pool during a training session April 19. The show broadcast on China’s Zhejiang TV and ABC’s Splash are both spin-offs of the original Dutch format. The death happened a day after US Splash contestant Nicole Eggert was injured on the set of ABC’s American version and subsequently hospitalized. In recent weeks fellow contestant Rory Bushfield ruptured an eardrum and Louie Anderson suffered bruised ribs in training, while show-related injuries forced Katherine Webb and Chuy Bravo to quit the show in its first month on the air.
Will ‘Splash’ Injuries & China Death Force ABC To Evaluate Diving Show Dangers?
What's Hot on Deadline
Disney's 'Zootopia' Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
Latest TV News
- CBS Nabs ‘S.W.A.T.’ Drama Inspired By Movie From Shawn Ryan, Justin Lin, Neal Moritz & ‘FNL’ Alum With Big…
- Lifetime Ups Mariana Flynn To SVP Unscripted Development & Programming
- Bainframe Acquires Allen Steele's ‘Coyote’ Sci-Fi Book Series For TV Adaptation
- ‘Channel Zero: Candle Cove’ Premiere, More Set For Syfy’s ’31 Days Of Halloween’
- Disney Exploring A Possible Twitter Bid: Report