After a long gestational period, ABC is proceeding with Sing Your Face Off, a six-episode talent variety competition series based on Endemol‘s international format Your Face Sounds Familiar. Casting is underway for five celebrities who each week will take on the identity of famous music artists. The assignments will be random, with the celebrities sometimes finding themselves transformed into someone much older or younger than them and even of a different gender. To accomplish that, the contestants spend hours in the makeup chair and days with choreographers and vocal coaches as they are judged on how they embody everything about the assigned icon — their walk, their talk, and their distinguishing mannerisms. There are no eliminations, but there is one winner announced in the finale. (The video below gives a pretty good idea of what the show is about using footage from international versions.) Created by Endemol Spain, the format has been sold to 20 countries across Europe, Latin America and Asia. This includes China, where the show is now in its third season, and Spain, where the show has delivered record ratings since its launch in September 2011.
ABC Orders Reality Series Featuring Celebrities Who Impersonate Music Icons
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series