EXCLUSIVE: Veteran TV comedy writer-producer Max Mutchnick, co-creator of Emmy-winning Will & Grace, has signed with WME. Since he started his writing career two decades ago, Mutchnick has been partnered with childhood friend David Kohan. For the past 18-plus years, the duo has been represented by Scott Schwartz at Vision Art Management, who signed them in September 1994 after they had been let go from UTA. Schwartz went on to package eight Kohan and Mutchnick series, including Will & Grace and most recently CBS’ Partners. After the end of Partners, Kohan, who remains with Schwartz, and Mutchnick began contemplating their future. While the two continue to work together on several projects, they also will likely be doing projects separately, and Mutchnick’s signing with a new agency reflects that.
WME Signs Writer-Producer Max Mutchnick
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor