EXCLUSIVE: Veteran TV comedy writer-producer Max Mutchnick, co-creator of Emmy-winning Will & Grace, has signed with WME. Since he started his writing career two decades ago, Mutchnick has been partnered with childhood friend David Kohan. For the past 18-plus years, the duo has been represented by Scott Schwartz at Vision Art Management, who signed them in September 1994 after they had been let go from UTA. Schwartz went on to package eight Kohan and Mutchnick series, including Will & Grace and most recently CBS’ Partners. After the end of Partners, Kohan, who remains with Schwartz, and Mutchnick began contemplating their future. While the two continue to work together on several projects, they also will likely be doing projects separately, and Mutchnick’s signing with a new agency reflects that.
WME Signs Writer-Producer Max Mutchnick
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere
- Vice’s Shane Smith To Big Media: “Open Sh*t Up” Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney…
- Leslie Jones Attacked Online Again As Website Hacked, Info Exposed