EXCLUSIVE: Veteran TV comedy writer-producer Max Mutchnick, co-creator of Emmy-winning Will & Grace, has signed with WME. Since he started his writing career two decades ago, Mutchnick has been partnered with childhood friend David Kohan. For the past 18-plus years, the duo has been represented by Scott Schwartz at Vision Art Management, who signed them in September 1994 after they had been let go from UTA. Schwartz went on to package eight Kohan and Mutchnick series, including Will & Grace and most recently CBS’ Partners. After the end of Partners, Kohan, who remains with Schwartz, and Mutchnick began contemplating their future. While the two continue to work together on several projects, they also will likely be doing projects separately, and Mutchnick’s signing with a new agency reflects that.
WME Signs Writer-Producer Max Mutchnick
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'