EXCLUSIVE: Veteran TV comedy writer-producer Max Mutchnick, co-creator of Emmy-winning Will & Grace, has signed with WME. Since he started his writing career two decades ago, Mutchnick has been partnered with childhood friend David Kohan. For the past 18-plus years, the duo has been represented by Scott Schwartz at Vision Art Management, who signed them in September 1994 after they had been let go from UTA. Schwartz went on to package eight Kohan and Mutchnick series, including Will & Grace and most recently CBS’ Partners. After the end of Partners, Kohan, who remains with Schwartz, and Mutchnick began contemplating their future. While the two continue to work together on several projects, they also will likely be doing projects separately, and Mutchnick’s signing with a new agency reflects that.
WME Signs Writer-Producer Max Mutchnick
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better
- ‘Quantico’ Adds Three Recurring To Cast
- Freeform/ABC Family Sets Winter Premieres For New, Returning Shows