Capitalizing on the media frenzy surrounding the newly announced Pope Francis, Sundance Selects announced today the re-release of Nanni Moretti’s papal comedy-drama We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). The Cannes selection first debuted in theaters last April, when IFC gave it a minimal release that took in just $548,115. The pic, about a cardinal (Michel Piccoli) panicking after being elected Pope, will open in re-release next Wednesday in New York and will be available digitally via iTunes, Amazon, XBox, GooglePlay, Sony PlayStation, and SundanceNOW. Moretti directed from his script co-written with Francesco Piccolo and co-stars in the film with Piccoli and Jerzy Stuhr.
Sundance Selects Slots Sly ‘We Have A Pope’ Re-Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company