Capitalizing on the media frenzy surrounding the newly announced Pope Francis, Sundance Selects announced today the re-release of Nanni Moretti’s papal comedy-drama We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). The Cannes selection first debuted in theaters last April, when IFC gave it a minimal release that took in just $548,115. The pic, about a cardinal (Michel Piccoli) panicking after being elected Pope, will open in re-release next Wednesday in New York and will be available digitally via iTunes, Amazon, XBox, GooglePlay, Sony PlayStation, and SundanceNOW. Moretti directed from his script co-written with Francesco Piccolo and co-stars in the film with Piccoli and Jerzy Stuhr.
Sundance Selects Slots Sly ‘We Have A Pope’ Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA