Capitalizing on the media frenzy surrounding the newly announced Pope Francis, Sundance Selects announced today the re-release of Nanni Moretti’s papal comedy-drama We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). The Cannes selection first debuted in theaters last April, when IFC gave it a minimal release that took in just $548,115. The pic, about a cardinal (Michel Piccoli) panicking after being elected Pope, will open in re-release next Wednesday in New York and will be available digitally via iTunes, Amazon, XBox, GooglePlay, Sony PlayStation, and SundanceNOW. Moretti directed from his script co-written with Francesco Piccolo and co-stars in the film with Piccoli and Jerzy Stuhr.
Sundance Selects Slots Sly ‘We Have A Pope’ Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Set To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’