Capitalizing on the media frenzy surrounding the newly announced Pope Francis, Sundance Selects announced today the re-release of Nanni Moretti’s papal comedy-drama We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). The Cannes selection first debuted in theaters last April, when IFC gave it a minimal release that took in just $548,115. The pic, about a cardinal (Michel Piccoli) panicking after being elected Pope, will open in re-release next Wednesday in New York and will be available digitally via iTunes, Amazon, XBox, GooglePlay, Sony PlayStation, and SundanceNOW. Moretti directed from his script co-written with Francesco Piccolo and co-stars in the film with Piccoli and Jerzy Stuhr.
Sundance Selects Slots Sly ‘We Have A Pope’ Re-Release
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV