The YouTube channel made its debut Sunday with a big push at SXSW, where founding members Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, and Reggie Watts hosted a SXSW Comedy opening party, held a BBQ brunch, and did a live Comedy Bang Bang broadcast prior to their panel later this afternoon. JASH is one of over 60 new YouTube online networks announced last fall. The venture gives comedians and artists financing, production resources, editing facilities, creative control, and revenue shares and is produced for HaChaCha by Daniel Kellison (The Man Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!) with Doug DeLuca, Mickey Meyer, and Fullscreen Inc. Here’s the first JASH video, entitled “Epic Intro Video”:
Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim & Eric, Reggie Watts Debut JASH Comedy Network: SXSW
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'