EXCLUSIVE: 1500 youngsters from all over the globe compete each year in the World Championships of Junior Golf. Eight of the pint-sized competitors (including Allan Kournikova, Anna Kournikova’s 7-year-old brother) are the subjects of The Short Game, a SXSW 2013 documentary world premiere. Emmy-winning director Josh Greenbaum previously helmed short projects for Paramount, Sony, Fox, Comedy Central, Funny Or Die, and The Clinton Foundation and enlisted veteran help for his feature-length debut, including award winning producer John Battsek (The Imposter, Searching For Sugar Man) and Oscar-winner David Frankel (The Devil Wears Prada, Hope Springs), who executive produced. Composer Mark Mothersbaugh (Rushmore, The Life Aquatic) scored the docu which screens Sunday, March 10 in Austin. Submarine is repping sales. Watch the trailer here:
Hot SXSW Trailer: ‘The Short Game’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'