Roy Lee and John Middleton’s Vertigo Entertainment, which is behind A&E’s upcoming Psycho prequel series Bates Motel, has signed a two-year first look deal with 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 to develop cable series. WME-repped Vertigo’s feature credits include The Ring, The Grudge and The Departed. Fox 21 president Bert Salke said he had been actively pursing Lee and Middleton for awhile. “They have a particularly strong eye for big, splashy and smart genre ideas and properties, which makes them perfect for the type of event-programming that we aim to make at Fox 21,” Salke said. “Bates Motel is an example of the kind of edgy, sophisticated and attention-getting programming we make at our company.” Fox 21’s current slate includes series Homeland on Showtime, FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy Central’s Brickleberry and Lifetime’s upcoming The Witches Of East End as well as the FX pilot Tyrant, from Gideon Raff, Howard Gordon and Craig Wright.
Vertigo Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Fox 21 For Cable Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'