Roy Lee and John Middleton’s Vertigo Entertainment, which is behind A&E’s upcoming Psycho prequel series Bates Motel, has signed a two-year first look deal with 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 to develop cable series. WME-repped Vertigo’s feature credits include The Ring, The Grudge and The Departed. Fox 21 president Bert Salke said he had been actively pursing Lee and Middleton for awhile. “They have a particularly strong eye for big, splashy and smart genre ideas and properties, which makes them perfect for the type of event-programming that we aim to make at Fox 21,” Salke said. “Bates Motel is an example of the kind of edgy, sophisticated and attention-getting programming we make at our company.” Fox 21’s current slate includes series Homeland on Showtime, FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy Central’s Brickleberry and Lifetime’s upcoming The Witches Of East End as well as the FX pilot Tyrant, from Gideon Raff, Howard Gordon and Craig Wright.
Vertigo Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Fox 21 For Cable Series
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend