Roy Lee and John Middleton’s Vertigo Entertainment, which is behind A&E’s upcoming Psycho prequel series Bates Motel, has signed a two-year first look deal with 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 to develop cable series. WME-repped Vertigo’s feature credits include The Ring, The Grudge and The Departed. Fox 21 president Bert Salke said he had been actively pursing Lee and Middleton for awhile. “They have a particularly strong eye for big, splashy and smart genre ideas and properties, which makes them perfect for the type of event-programming that we aim to make at Fox 21,” Salke said. “Bates Motel is an example of the kind of edgy, sophisticated and attention-getting programming we make at our company.” Fox 21′s current slate includes series Homeland on Showtime, FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy Central’s Brickleberry and Lifetime’s upcoming The Witches Of East End as well as the FX pilot Tyrant, from Gideon Raff, Howard Gordon and Craig Wright.
Vertigo Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Fox 21 For Cable Series
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low