Roy Lee and John Middleton’s Vertigo Entertainment, which is behind A&E’s upcoming Psycho prequel series Bates Motel, has signed a two-year first look deal with 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 to develop cable series. WME-repped Vertigo’s feature credits include The Ring, The Grudge and The Departed. Fox 21 president Bert Salke said he had been actively pursing Lee and Middleton for awhile. “They have a particularly strong eye for big, splashy and smart genre ideas and properties, which makes them perfect for the type of event-programming that we aim to make at Fox 21,” Salke said. “Bates Motel is an example of the kind of edgy, sophisticated and attention-getting programming we make at our company.” Fox 21’s current slate includes series Homeland on Showtime, FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy Central’s Brickleberry and Lifetime’s upcoming The Witches Of East End as well as the FX pilot Tyrant, from Gideon Raff, Howard Gordon and Craig Wright.
Vertigo Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Fox 21 For Cable Series
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'