Roy Lee and John Middleton’s Vertigo Entertainment, which is behind A&E’s upcoming Psycho prequel series Bates Motel, has signed a two-year first look deal with 20th Century Fox TV’s Fox 21 to develop cable series. WME-repped Vertigo’s feature credits include The Ring, The Grudge and The Departed. Fox 21 president Bert Salke said he had been actively pursing Lee and Middleton for awhile. “They have a particularly strong eye for big, splashy and smart genre ideas and properties, which makes them perfect for the type of event-programming that we aim to make at Fox 21,” Salke said. “Bates Motel is an example of the kind of edgy, sophisticated and attention-getting programming we make at our company.” Fox 21’s current slate includes series Homeland on Showtime, FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, Comedy Central’s Brickleberry and Lifetime’s upcoming The Witches Of East End as well as the FX pilot Tyrant, from Gideon Raff, Howard Gordon and Craig Wright.
Vertigo Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Fox 21 For Cable Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate