EXCLUSIVE: The Tom Cruise sci-fi tentpole will now open in IMAX and in wide release on April 19. Universal had originally planned to sneak Oblivion in IMAX on April 12 but opted to push the pic a week to maximize its opening in a frame in which Open Roads’ jOBS is the only competition in wide release. Star Cruise will also have more time to promote the film overseas as it opens internationally in several territories on April 12. The move also give Universal’s April 5 opener Jurassic Park 3D an extra week on IMAX screens. The studio recently tweaked its summer slate when it shifted dates for 2 Guns and Kick-Ass 2 and announced that the Jeff Bridges-Ryan Reynolds starrer R.I.P.D. will be released in 3D.
Universal Shifts ‘Oblivion’ IMAX Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs