EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has pre-emptively acquired an untitled pitch by Josh Friedlander that will be produced by American Reunion helmers Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, which the duo is eyeing as a potential directing project. It’s described as a high-concept relationship comedy with a strong action component. It is the second collaboration for the writer with Hurwitz and Schlossberg. Friedlander previously sold One Night Stan with the helmers attached to direct. Friedlander’s other notable script, Pictures Of You, made the Black List and is out to directors. Apostle’s George Heller and Industry’s Ava Jamshidi rep the scribe with attorney Rob Szymanski. Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
Universal Sets Josh Friedlander Pitch For ‘American Reunion’ Helmers Hurwitz And Schlossberg
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award