EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has pre-emptively acquired an untitled pitch by Josh Friedlander that will be produced by American Reunion helmers Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, which the duo is eyeing as a potential directing project. It’s described as a high-concept relationship comedy with a strong action component. It is the second collaboration for the writer with Hurwitz and Schlossberg. Friedlander previously sold One Night Stan with the helmers attached to direct. Friedlander’s other notable script, Pictures Of You, made the Black List and is out to directors. Apostle’s George Heller and Industry’s Ava Jamshidi rep the scribe with attorney Rob Szymanski. Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
Universal Sets Josh Friedlander Pitch For ‘American Reunion’ Helmers Hurwitz And Schlossberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment