Former BBC Daytime controller Liam Keelan was originally named dirctor of BSkyB‘s flagship Sky 1 HD back in December, but he later pulled out to move to BBC Worldwide. After opening up the search again, Sky has now named Adam MacDonald to oversee the channel. MacDonald joins from A+E Networks UK – a joint venture of A+E Networks and News Corp.-controlled BskyB – where he’s VP of programming. Former Sky 1 director Stuart Murphy has been bumped up to oversee Sky’s entertainment portfolio Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts, Challenge and Pick TV. Sky 1 was named Channel of the Year at the Broadcast Awards in 2012 and overall, Sky has commited £600M ($975M) for UK content and production across all of its channels by 2014. Among upcoming projects, Sky Atlantic is co-producing The Tunnel and biopic Fleming; Sky Arts has the Playhouse Presents series in the pipeline with talent that includes Anna Friel, Matt Smith, Idris Elba and Vanessa Redgrave and Sky Living is co-producing NBC series Dracula.
UK’s Sky 1 HD Names A+E Exec Adam MacDonald As Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest International News
- Rupert Murdoch Feels Heat About His Fox News Sexual Misconduct Claims
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Awakens To Early $61M Overseas; $106M WW – International Box Office
- Chinese Film & TV Industry Is A $86.3B Business — Chinese Report
- Anant Singh To Produce Biopic Of Heart Transplant Pioneer Christiaan Barnard
- Egypt-Based Aroma Studios & United Brothers Eye U.S. Market With Thriller Films Team-Up, Set First Project
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears