Former BBC Daytime controller Liam Keelan was originally named dirctor of BSkyB‘s flagship Sky 1 HD back in December, but he later pulled out to move to BBC Worldwide. After opening up the search again, Sky has now named Adam MacDonald to oversee the channel. MacDonald joins from A+E Networks UK – a joint venture of A+E Networks and News Corp.-controlled BskyB – where he’s VP of programming. Former Sky 1 director Stuart Murphy has been bumped up to oversee Sky’s entertainment portfolio Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts, Challenge and Pick TV. Sky 1 was named Channel of the Year at the Broadcast Awards in 2012 and overall, Sky has commited £600M ($975M) for UK content and production across all of its channels by 2014. Among upcoming projects, Sky Atlantic is co-producing The Tunnel and biopic Fleming; Sky Arts has the Playhouse Presents series in the pipeline with talent that includes Anna Friel, Matt Smith, Idris Elba and Vanessa Redgrave and Sky Living is co-producing NBC series Dracula.
UK’s Sky 1 HD Names A+E Exec Adam MacDonald As Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest International News
- Student Academy Award Winners Unveiled
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Trailer: James Franco Takes On John Steinbeck – Venice
- Joe And Anthony Russo In Talks To Form Major Entity With China-Based Huayi Brothers
- Anna Paquin, Allen Leech, Shawn Doyle Committed To ‘Bellevue’ CBC Crime Drama
- ITV’s ‘Victoria’ Royal In ‘Downton’ Slot Debut As ‘Poldark’ Showdown Looms
- BBC Orders ‘The Miniaturist’ Adaptation & Tom Rob Smith Saga ‘MotherFatherSon’