The theme of 2012’s Transmedia, Hollywood conference is “Spreading Change” examining “critical dialogue about the shifting paradigm of storytelling, emerging technologies, and the blurring boundaries between entertainment and politics”. The UCLA/USC symposium’s lineup at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater will include panels on cause-based advertising and hacking for change. Participants include Participant Media’s Social Action Film Campaigns Vice President Alden E. Stoner, BoomGen Studios founder, Mahyad Tousi, UTA Digital Media Agent Milana Rabkin, Action Marketing CEO Rob Schuham, National Film Board ofCanada filmmaker-in-Residence Katerina Cizek, pop culture hacker Jonathan McIntosh, among others.
UCLA-USC Transmedia Confab Set April 12
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Arrives: It’s An X-Force To Be Reckoned With
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- BFI Reports Reveal How UK Films Fared At 2017 Global Box Office & On Awards Circuit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author Elisabeth Kübler-Ross