Following what many saw as a preview of what CNN’s mornings might look like with Chris Cuomo and presumptive co-host Erin Burnett, Jeff Zucker’s network-in-progress got more bad ratings news. For the second day in a row, CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight sank to a yearly (2013) low in the prime 25-54 demographic with just 87,000 viewers. PMT is down 27% in total viewers, according to Nielsen data, and down 38% in the demo from its debut on January 17, 2011. Additionally, last night PMT had the lowest demo in its time slot, even beaten by sister network HLN’s Dr. Drew with 208,000 viewers in the demo. Morgan’s subjects last night included dysfunctional goings-on in Washington, the papal situation, and a conversation with Gus Searcy, the so-called mentor of Jodi Arias, who’s on trial in Phoenix for killing her ex-boyfriend.
‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ Sinks To 2013 Low: Only 87K Viewers In Key Demo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video