Following what many saw as a preview of what CNN’s mornings might look like with Chris Cuomo and presumptive co-host Erin Burnett, Jeff Zucker’s network-in-progress got more bad ratings news. For the second day in a row, CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight sank to a yearly (2013) low in the prime 25-54 demographic with just 87,000 viewers. PMT is down 27% in total viewers, according to Nielsen data, and down 38% in the demo from its debut on January 17, 2011. Additionally, last night PMT had the lowest demo in its time slot, even beaten by sister network HLN’s Dr. Drew with 208,000 viewers in the demo. Morgan’s subjects last night included dysfunctional goings-on in Washington, the papal situation, and a conversation with Gus Searcy, the so-called mentor of Jodi Arias, who’s on trial in Phoenix for killing her ex-boyfriend.
‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ Sinks To 2013 Low: Only 87K Viewers In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Gage Golightly To Star In the CW Pilot
- ‘Playing Dead’: Tyler Ritter To Star In the CW Drama Pilot
- World Cup 2018: Fox To Air Record 38 Matches Live On Broadcast Network – Full TV Schedule
- ‘God Friended Me’: ‘Scandal’s Joe Morton To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘So Close’: Sabrina Carpenter Cast In Greg Malins’ NBC Comedy Pilot
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media