EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger has departed Fox’s drama pilot Gang Related. The move comes after the project’s table read last night. Gang Related, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, centers on Ryan Lopez (Ramon Rodriguez), a gang member sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department. Berenger was to play Sam Chapel, a tough, dynamic police chief who oversees the Gang Task Force. I hear Berenger, who has done mostly features and mini-series/limited series in his career, did not quite mesh with the rest of the cast and his vision of the character was different from that of the show’s producers. Berenger is coming off winning an Emmy for his most recent TV effort, blockbuster History miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.
Tom Berenger Exits Fox Pilot ‘Gang Related’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate