I hear top AMC brass will be in Los Angeles next week for the network’s annual round of producer meetings where the writers/producers behind scripts identified by the cable network as its strongest pilot contenders are invited to present their projects. The pilot script showcase, nicknamed by agents and producers “bake-off,” includes a series of presentations, in which the auspices of the selected projects lay out their vision for their show beyond the pilot with the help of visual aids, including demo reels. I hear the scripts that made it to this year’s event include dramas Raiders, from writer Evan Wright (Generation Kill) and Scott Free; and Line Of Sight, from Brotherhood creator Blake Masters and Fox TV Studios; and comedy We Hate Paul Revere, from writer-actors Ethan Sandler and Adrian Wenner (Whitney). Raiders, exec produced by Wright, Ridley Scott and David Zucker, takes place during World War II. Masters’ Line Of Sight centers on a guy who has experienced “first contact.” Sandler and Wenner’s Paul Revere is set in Colonial Boston and focuses on two brothers who are not fans of local industrialist and activist Paul Revere. AMC’s most recent pilots, Low Winter Sun, which has been picked up to series, and the Goldwyn/LaGravenese project, both came out of last year’s pilot script showcase, with The Killing and Hell On Wheels also among previous “bake-off” participants.
Three Projects Headed To AMC’s Annual Pilot Script Showcase
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97