I hear top AMC brass will be in Los Angeles next week for the network’s annual round of producer meetings where the writers/producers behind scripts identified by the cable network as its strongest pilot contenders are invited to present their projects. The pilot script showcase, nicknamed by agents and producers “bake-off,” includes a series of presentations, in which the auspices of the selected projects lay out their vision for their show beyond the pilot with the help of visual aids, including demo reels. I hear the scripts that made it to this year’s event include dramas Raiders, from writer Evan Wright (Generation Kill) and Scott Free; and Line Of Sight, from Brotherhood creator Blake Masters and Fox TV Studios; and comedy We Hate Paul Revere, from writer-actors Ethan Sandler and Adrian Wenner (Whitney). Raiders, exec produced by Wright, Ridley Scott and David Zucker, takes place during World War II. Masters’ Line Of Sight centers on a guy who has experienced “first contact.” Sandler and Wenner’s Paul Revere is set in Colonial Boston and focuses on two brothers who are not fans of local industrialist and activist Paul Revere. AMC’s most recent pilots, Low Winter Sun, which has been picked up to series, and the Goldwyn/LaGravenese project, both came out of last year’s pilot script showcase, with The Killing and Hell On Wheels also among previous “bake-off” participants.
Three Projects Headed To AMC’s Annual Pilot Script Showcase
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Jay-Z’s Trayvon Martin Docuseries Sparks Feud Between Snoop Dogg And George Zimmerman
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’