NBC‘s The Voice will once again face a Fox singing competition rival. The spring cycle of the NBC reality series will feature an one-hour episode on Wednesday, May 8, when the top 12 contestants will be announced. NBC’s decision last fall to pit a Wednesday episode of The Voice against the season premiere of The X Factor drew the wrath of Simon Cowell. This time Voice will face Fox’s American Idol. Additionally, The Voice will expand two Tuesday episodes, on April 30 and May 7, to two hours. Any expansion of The Voice should be welcome news for ratings-challenged NBC, which is looking to rebound after a abysmal start to 2013.
‘The Voice’ Expands 2 Tuesday Episodes, Adds Wednesday One
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'