NBC‘s The Voice will once again face a Fox singing competition rival. The spring cycle of the NBC reality series will feature an one-hour episode on Wednesday, May 8, when the top 12 contestants will be announced. NBC’s decision last fall to pit a Wednesday episode of The Voice against the season premiere of The X Factor drew the wrath of Simon Cowell. This time Voice will face Fox’s American Idol. Additionally, The Voice will expand two Tuesday episodes, on April 30 and May 7, to two hours. Any expansion of The Voice should be welcome news for ratings-challenged NBC, which is looking to rebound after a abysmal start to 2013.
‘The Voice’ Expands 2 Tuesday Episodes, Adds Wednesday One
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'