EXCLUSIVE: The Talk creator/exec producer/co-host Sara Gilbert is returning to her comedy series roots with a co-starring role on the CBS comedy pilot Bad Teacher, from Sony TV. If the project goes to series, Roseanne alumna Gilbert will do both Bad Teacher and The Talk the way Kelly Ripa juggled her co-hosting duties on Live! and starring role on the ABC comedy Hope & Faith. In both cases, the talk shows and the primetime series are on the same network, which helps in coordinating schedules. Based on the 2011 movie, CBS’ single-camera pilot Bad Teacher, written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Ari Graynor), who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. Gilbert, repped by Domain, Framework Entertainment and Cliff Gilbert-Lurie, will play Irene, a shy, introverted drama and English teacher who, when activated, can be a bit intense. Her recent series credits include a role on CBS’ flagship comedy The Big Bang Theory.
‘The Talk’s Sara Gilbert To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Loses Attempt To Move 2004 Rape Trial; Actor Granted Outside Jury
- ‘Incorporated’ Canceled By Syfy After One Season
- Time Warner Shares Rise As FCC Chief Says He Probably Won’t Review AT&T Deal
- Rachelle Lefevre To Star In ‘Doomsday’ ABC Drama Pilot
- Sony Pictures Television Taps Jennifer Solari As VP Media & Talent Relations
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”