EXCLUSIVE: The Talk creator/exec producer/co-host Sara Gilbert is returning to her comedy series roots with a co-starring role on the CBS comedy pilot Bad Teacher, from Sony TV. If the project goes to series, Roseanne alumna Gilbert will do both Bad Teacher and The Talk the way Kelly Ripa juggled her co-hosting duties on Live! and starring role on the ABC comedy Hope & Faith. In both cases, the talk shows and the primetime series are on the same network, which helps in coordinating schedules. Based on the 2011 movie, CBS’ single-camera pilot Bad Teacher, written by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and produced by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Ari Graynor), who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. Gilbert, repped by Domain, Framework Entertainment and Cliff Gilbert-Lurie, will play Irene, a shy, introverted drama and English teacher who, when activated, can be a bit intense. Her recent series credits include a role on CBS’ flagship comedy The Big Bang Theory.
‘The Talk’s Sara Gilbert To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Bad Teacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'