EXCLUSIVE: After nine years on The Office, series star Jenna Fischer is venturing into theater, making her stage debut with a starring role in the off-Broadway production of Neil LaBute‘s new play Reasons To Be Happy. Fischer will segue from the Emmy-winning NBC series, which wraps production Friday on its ninth and final season, to Reasons To Be Happy at the MCC Theater. A follow-up to LaBute’s Tony-nominated Reasons To Be Pretty, Reasons To Be Happy features the same characters three years later. After a contentious break-up, Steph (Fischer) and Greg are wondering if they can make a fresh go of it. Trouble is, she’s married to someone else and he’s just embarked on a relationship with Steph’s best friend. Alison Pill played the Steph role in Reasons To Be Pretty, which also originated at the MCC Theater before moving to Broadway. Previews for Reasons To Be Happy begin at the MCC Lucille Lortel Theater on May 16, the same night The Office finale airs on NBC. The play opens June 11. Fischer, who has been on The Office since the pilot, also has wrapped Mathew Weiner’s feature You Are Here with Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, and Amy Poehler.
‘The Office’s Jenna Fischer To Star In Neil LaBute’s Play ‘Reasons To Be Happy’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips