EXCLUSIVE: After nine years on The Office, series star Jenna Fischer is venturing into theater, making her stage debut with a starring role in the off-Broadway production of Neil LaBute‘s new play Reasons To Be Happy. Fischer will segue from the Emmy-winning NBC series, which wraps production Friday on its ninth and final season, to Reasons To Be Happy at the MCC Theater. A follow-up to LaBute’s Tony-nominated Reasons To Be Pretty, Reasons To Be Happy features the same characters three years later. After a contentious break-up, Steph (Fischer) and Greg are wondering if they can make a fresh go of it. Trouble is, she’s married to someone else and he’s just embarked on a relationship with Steph’s best friend. Alison Pill played the Steph role in Reasons To Be Pretty, which also originated at the MCC Theater before moving to Broadway. Previews for Reasons To Be Happy begin at the MCC Lucille Lortel Theater on May 16, the same night The Office finale airs on NBC. The play opens June 11. Fischer, who has been on The Office since the pilot, also has wrapped Mathew Weiner’s feature You Are Here with Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, and Amy Poehler.
‘The Office’s Jenna Fischer To Star In Neil LaBute’s Play ‘Reasons To Be Happy’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series