EXCLUSIVE: After nine years on The Office, series star Jenna Fischer is venturing into theater, making her stage debut with a starring role in the off-Broadway production of Neil LaBute‘s new play Reasons To Be Happy. Fischer will segue from the Emmy-winning NBC series, which wraps production Friday on its ninth and final season, to Reasons To Be Happy at the MCC Theater. A follow-up to LaBute’s Tony-nominated Reasons To Be Pretty, Reasons To Be Happy features the same characters three years later. After a contentious break-up, Steph (Fischer) and Greg are wondering if they can make a fresh go of it. Trouble is, she’s married to someone else and he’s just embarked on a relationship with Steph’s best friend. Alison Pill played the Steph role in Reasons To Be Pretty, which also originated at the MCC Theater before moving to Broadway. Previews for Reasons To Be Happy begin at the MCC Lucille Lortel Theater on May 16, the same night The Office finale airs on NBC. The play opens June 11. Fischer, who has been on The Office since the pilot, also has wrapped Mathew Weiner’s feature You Are Here with Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, and Amy Poehler.
‘The Office’s Jenna Fischer To Star In Neil LaBute’s Play ‘Reasons To Be Happy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?