To date, the blockbuster has earned $301.4 million domestically. Now, with its recent release in China where it has grossed $37.3M in 10 days, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has earned an estimated $700 million internationally. That’s a global total of $1 billion to date. Peter Jackson’s pic becomes only the 15th film in history to exceed one billion dollars worldwide. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is the first in a trilogy based on JRR Tolkien’s epic and is a production of New Line Cinema and MGM Pictures. Warner Bros Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories as well as all international television distribution being handled by MGM.
‘The Hobbit’ Passes $1 Billion Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Madea’ Gets Saturday Treat As ‘Jack Reacher’ Trips; ‘Joneses’ Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival