EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones is set as the male lead opposite Andrea Anders in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jones) and Robin (Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The pilot won’t interfere with Jones’ duties on The Daily Show, where he has been a correspondent since 2005. He will leave the Comedy Central program if Divorce goes to series, like Steve Carell did when The Office was ordered by NBC. As a writer, Jones, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, is collaborating with Carell and Paul Weitz on a feature comedy set up at Fox. As an actor, he was recently seen in Pitch Perfect and shot A Beginners Guide To Ending.
‘The Daily Show’s Jason Jones To Star In ABC’s ‘Divorce’ Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over