EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones is set as the male lead opposite Andrea Anders in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jones) and Robin (Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The pilot won’t interfere with Jones’ duties on The Daily Show, where he has been a correspondent since 2005. He will leave the Comedy Central program if Divorce goes to series, like Steve Carell did when The Office was ordered by NBC. As a writer, Jones, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, is collaborating with Carell and Paul Weitz on a feature comedy set up at Fox. As an actor, he was recently seen in Pitch Perfect and shot A Beginners Guide To Ending.
‘The Daily Show’s Jason Jones To Star In ABC’s ‘Divorce’ Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter