EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones is set as the male lead opposite Andrea Anders in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jones) and Robin (Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The pilot won’t interfere with Jones’ duties on The Daily Show, where he has been a correspondent since 2005. He will leave the Comedy Central program if Divorce goes to series, like Steve Carell did when The Office was ordered by NBC. As a writer, Jones, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, is collaborating with Carell and Paul Weitz on a feature comedy set up at Fox. As an actor, he was recently seen in Pitch Perfect and shot A Beginners Guide To Ending.
‘The Daily Show’s Jason Jones To Star In ABC’s ‘Divorce’ Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'