EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones is set as the male lead opposite Andrea Anders in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jones) and Robin (Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The pilot won’t interfere with Jones’ duties on The Daily Show, where he has been a correspondent since 2005. He will leave the Comedy Central program if Divorce goes to series, like Steve Carell did when The Office was ordered by NBC. As a writer, Jones, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, is collaborating with Carell and Paul Weitz on a feature comedy set up at Fox. As an actor, he was recently seen in Pitch Perfect and shot A Beginners Guide To Ending.
‘The Daily Show’s Jason Jones To Star In ABC’s ‘Divorce’ Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better