EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones is set as the male lead opposite Andrea Anders in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jones) and Robin (Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. The pilot won’t interfere with Jones’ duties on The Daily Show, where he has been a correspondent since 2005. He will leave the Comedy Central program if Divorce goes to series, like Steve Carell did when The Office was ordered by NBC. As a writer, Jones, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, is collaborating with Carell and Paul Weitz on a feature comedy set up at Fox. As an actor, he was recently seen in Pitch Perfect and shot A Beginners Guide To Ending.
‘The Daily Show’s Jason Jones To Star In ABC’s ‘Divorce’ Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive