With Merlin casting its final spell on BBC One last Christmas, the team behind the fantasy-adventure series is getting to work on its latest fantasy project, Atlantis. Shooting starts next month in Wales and Morocco on the 13-part BBC One drama series created by Merlin writer Howard Overman and exec produced by Overman and Merlin creators Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy. The ambitious project is set in the mythical city of Atlantis, and re-imagines Greek myths and legends for a new generation. Mark Addy (The Syndicate, Game Of Thrones), Juliet Stevenson (The Hour, Truly Madly Deeply), Sarah Parish (Mistresses), Robert Emms (War Horse), Jemima Rooper, Jack Donnelly and Aiysha Hart star. Atlantis will begin airing in Merlin‘s old BBC One timeslot on Saturday nights in the fall. Bethan Jones is exec producing for Doctor Who producer BBC Cymru Wales.
Team Behind ‘Merlin’ Prepping ‘Atlantis’ For BBC One, Ensemble Cast Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest International News
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award
- ‘Mockingjay’ Lands At $144.5M As China & Caution In Europe Squeeze Hwd – Intl B.O. Final
- UK Cinemas Respond To Church Of England Criticism Over Refusal To Run Religious Ad Before ‘Star Wars’