With Merlin casting its final spell on BBC One last Christmas, the team behind the fantasy-adventure series is getting to work on its latest fantasy project, Atlantis. Shooting starts next month in Wales and Morocco on the 13-part BBC One drama series created by Merlin writer Howard Overman and exec produced by Overman and Merlin creators Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy. The ambitious project is set in the mythical city of Atlantis, and re-imagines Greek myths and legends for a new generation. Mark Addy (The Syndicate, Game Of Thrones), Juliet Stevenson (The Hour, Truly Madly Deeply), Sarah Parish (Mistresses), Robert Emms (War Horse), Jemima Rooper, Jack Donnelly and Aiysha Hart star. Atlantis will begin airing in Merlin‘s old BBC One timeslot on Saturday nights in the fall. Bethan Jones is exec producing for Doctor Who producer BBC Cymru Wales.
Team Behind ‘Merlin’ Prepping ‘Atlantis’ For BBC One, Ensemble Cast Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- ‘Alice’ Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.7M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $183.4M – Int’l Box Office…
- Broadway Powerhouse Key Brand Entertainment Raises Curtain On New Name, Mission
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini – Global…
- Amazon Japan Unveils Ambitious Original Content Slate
- Altitude Acquires Simon Dixon’s ‘Tiger Raid’ For UK And Ireland