Syfy is bringing Face Off back for a fifth season this summer, the network announced today. The competition/elimination series explores the world of special-effects make-up artists and the imagination that allows them to create works of living art. “Face Off continues to prove itself as a ratings hit, earning critical and viewer accolades alike, and we are proud to bring the series back for another stunning season,” said Mark Stern, President of Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head of Original Content, Universal Cable Productions, in a statement Monday. Production on Season 5 will start next month with a summer 2013 premiere planned. In its fourth season, Face Off is averaging 1.6 million viewers 18-19 and 2.7 million total viewers in Live+7. The show’s Season 4 finale is scheduled to air March 26. Face Off is a production of Mission Control Media with Dwight D. Smith, Michael Agbabian and Derek Atherton serving as executive producers.
Syfy Renews ‘Face Off’ For Fifth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit