Today at the SXSW Film + Interactive Conference, online video platform Vimeo launched its Vimeo On Demand program, a new distribution feature that will allow content creators to sell films and webisodes directly to viewers. Creators with a subscription Vimeo Pro account can set their own prices, streaming periods, and region parameters for content, and earn 90% of the revenue share. Vimeo On Demand will be viewable across Vimeo-enabled platforms including online and mobile, tablets, and connected TVs. A handful of feature-length films are already available for pay-per-view viewing for prices ranging from $2-$9 for rental or download via Vimeo, including Academy Award-nominated director Don Hertzfeldt’s It’s Such A Beautiful Day, which screened before today’s announcement in Austin.
Vimeo Launches On Demand Distribution Offering Creators 90/10 Revenue Split: SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Yamato
- How Tim League, George R. R. Martin & Indie Cinemas Helped Uncancel 'The Interview'
- Jena Malone, Riley Keough Hit The Road For 'Lovesong'
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service