Today at the SXSW Film + Interactive Conference, online video platform Vimeo launched its Vimeo On Demand program, a new distribution feature that will allow content creators to sell films and webisodes directly to viewers. Creators with a subscription Vimeo Pro account can set their own prices, streaming periods, and region parameters for content, and earn 90% of the revenue share. Vimeo On Demand will be viewable across Vimeo-enabled platforms including online and mobile, tablets, and connected TVs. A handful of feature-length films are already available for pay-per-view viewing for prices ranging from $2-$9 for rental or download via Vimeo, including Academy Award-nominated director Don Hertzfeldt’s It’s Such A Beautiful Day, which screened before today’s announcement in Austin.
Vimeo Launches On Demand Distribution Offering Creators 90/10 Revenue Split: SXSW
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Fox Home Entertainment & 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologize For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S…
- Abortionist Pic 'Gosnell' Hires 'True Crime' Writer To Script
- MMA Pastor Doc 'Fight Church' Inks Distribution, Morgan Spurlock TV Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'