Today at the SXSW Film + Interactive Conference, online video platform Vimeo launched its Vimeo On Demand program, a new distribution feature that will allow content creators to sell films and webisodes directly to viewers. Creators with a subscription Vimeo Pro account can set their own prices, streaming periods, and region parameters for content, and earn 90% of the revenue share. Vimeo On Demand will be viewable across Vimeo-enabled platforms including online and mobile, tablets, and connected TVs. A handful of feature-length films are already available for pay-per-view viewing for prices ranging from $2-$9 for rental or download via Vimeo, including Academy Award-nominated director Don Hertzfeldt’s It’s Such A Beautiful Day, which screened before today’s announcement in Austin.
Vimeo Launches On Demand Distribution Offering Creators 90/10 Revenue Split: SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest Film News
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield Adds It Up In Neo-Noir Thriller
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament