Today at the SXSW Film + Interactive Conference, online video platform Vimeo launched its Vimeo On Demand program, a new distribution feature that will allow content creators to sell films and webisodes directly to viewers. Creators with a subscription Vimeo Pro account can set their own prices, streaming periods, and region parameters for content, and earn 90% of the revenue share. Vimeo On Demand will be viewable across Vimeo-enabled platforms including online and mobile, tablets, and connected TVs. A handful of feature-length films are already available for pay-per-view viewing for prices ranging from $2-$9 for rental or download via Vimeo, including Academy Award-nominated director Don Hertzfeldt’s It’s Such A Beautiful Day, which screened before today’s announcement in Austin.
Vimeo Launches On Demand Distribution Offering Creators 90/10 Revenue Split: SXSW
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'
- Jen On Genre: Brawling At Fantastic Fest; Stan Lee Capes His Career With Bollywood Creation