After setting deals for Audience Award-winner Cheap Thrills and the creature horror Milo, New Artist Alliance sold its third title out of SXSW. Cinedigm picked up North American rights to Static, a low-budget 3D thriller directed by Todd Levin. Pic stars Milo Ventimiglia, Sarah Shahi, Sara Paxton, and William Mapother in the tale of a couple mourning the loss of their child whose lives are upturned by the arrival of a young visitor, bringing supernatural forces into their home. The indie was shot in 3D with a custom rig to keep costs down. After an initial 2D VOD release, the plan is to release Static in 3D on DVD. Levin wrote the pic with Gabriel Cowan, John Suits, and Andrew Orci. Cowan and Suits of New Artists Alliance produced alongside Orci. Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller of Caliber Media Co. executive produced with Kerry Johnson, Ventimiglia and his DiVide Pictures producing partner Russ Cundiff. The film wasn’t an official SXSW title, but Cinedigm’s Vincent Scordino and Kristin Harris pacted on the deal during the fest with Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content and Caliber’s Sonnier on behalf of the film.
SXSW: Cinedigm Nabs 3D Thriller ‘Static’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'