BREAKING: Vincenzo Natali’s ghost tale Haunter marks the second deal to go down during SXSW 2013, with IFC Midnight snagging all U.S. rights. Abigail Breslin stars in the Midnighters selection as a 16-year-old specter trapped in limbo who is “haunted” by the very much alive girl whose family now lives in her house. Vincenzo Natali (Splice) directed from a screenplay by Brian King, with Steven Hoban and Mark Smith producing. John Raymonds and Wild Bunch’s Vincent Miraval executive produced. The pic came into SXSW with Canadian distribution set via Entertainment One and StudioCanal handling its UK release. IFC Midnight/Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Abigail Breslin Starrer ‘Haunter’ Goes To IFC Midnight: SXSW
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'