BREAKING: Vincenzo Natali’s ghost tale Haunter marks the second deal to go down during SXSW 2013, with IFC Midnight snagging all U.S. rights. Abigail Breslin stars in the Midnighters selection as a 16-year-old specter trapped in limbo who is “haunted” by the very much alive girl whose family now lives in her house. Vincenzo Natali (Splice) directed from a screenplay by Brian King, with Steven Hoban and Mark Smith producing. John Raymonds and Wild Bunch’s Vincent Miraval executive produced. The pic came into SXSW with Canadian distribution set via Entertainment One and StudioCanal handling its UK release. IFC Midnight/Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Abigail Breslin Starrer ‘Haunter’ Goes To IFC Midnight: SXSW
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'