BREAKING: Vincenzo Natali’s ghost tale Haunter marks the second deal to go down during SXSW 2013, with IFC Midnight snagging all U.S. rights. Abigail Breslin stars in the Midnighters selection as a 16-year-old specter trapped in limbo who is “haunted” by the very much alive girl whose family now lives in her house. Vincenzo Natali (Splice) directed from a screenplay by Brian King, with Steven Hoban and Mark Smith producing. John Raymonds and Wild Bunch’s Vincent Miraval executive produced. The pic came into SXSW with Canadian distribution set via Entertainment One and StudioCanal handling its UK release. IFC Midnight/Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Abigail Breslin Starrer ‘Haunter’ Goes To IFC Midnight: SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations