BREAKING: Vincenzo Natali’s ghost tale Haunter marks the second deal to go down during SXSW 2013, with IFC Midnight snagging all U.S. rights. Abigail Breslin stars in the Midnighters selection as a 16-year-old specter trapped in limbo who is “haunted” by the very much alive girl whose family now lives in her house. Vincenzo Natali (Splice) directed from a screenplay by Brian King, with Steven Hoban and Mark Smith producing. John Raymonds and Wild Bunch’s Vincent Miraval executive produced. The pic came into SXSW with Canadian distribution set via Entertainment One and StudioCanal handling its UK release. IFC Midnight/Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Abigail Breslin Starrer ‘Haunter’ Goes To IFC Midnight: SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”