BREAKING: Vincenzo Natali’s ghost tale Haunter marks the second deal to go down during SXSW 2013, with IFC Midnight snagging all U.S. rights. Abigail Breslin stars in the Midnighters selection as a 16-year-old specter trapped in limbo who is “haunted” by the very much alive girl whose family now lives in her house. Vincenzo Natali (Splice) directed from a screenplay by Brian King, with Steven Hoban and Mark Smith producing. John Raymonds and Wild Bunch’s Vincent Miraval executive produced. The pic came into SXSW with Canadian distribution set via Entertainment One and StudioCanal handling its UK release. IFC Midnight/Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Abigail Breslin Starrer ‘Haunter’ Goes To IFC Midnight: SXSW
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- No 'Midnight Rider' Death Responsibility, Say Open Road, Landowner
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Scribes To Adapt iPhone Game 'The Drowning'
- Simon Helberg's 'We'll Never Have Paris' Acquired By Orion Releasing
- Fantastic Fest: Dark Sky Acquires Irish Horror 'Let Us Prey'
- Aaron Paul Joins 'The 9th Life Of Louis Drax'
- Marcia Gay Harden Signs With ICM Partners