Six venues in Los Angeles will play host to the new Sundance Institute-backed Next Weekend Film Festival, an extension of Sundance’s stylistically adventurous NEXT < => section to be held August 9-11, 2013. The Next Weekend line-up will include eight unreleased features in addition to previously screened films, panels, a shorts program, and the half-day ShortsLab: Los Angeles filmmaking workshop. The fest will be headquartered at West Hollywood’s Sundance Sunset Cinema with additional screenings held at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theatre, Cinefamily, Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, MOCA, and the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
Sundance Institute To Launch Next Weekend Film Fest In August
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…