Six venues in Los Angeles will play host to the new Sundance Institute-backed Next Weekend Film Festival, an extension of Sundance’s stylistically adventurous NEXT < => section to be held August 9-11, 2013. The Next Weekend line-up will include eight unreleased features in addition to previously screened films, panels, a shorts program, and the half-day ShortsLab: Los Angeles filmmaking workshop. The fest will be headquartered at West Hollywood’s Sundance Sunset Cinema with additional screenings held at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theatre, Cinefamily, Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, MOCA, and the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
Sundance Institute To Launch Next Weekend Film Fest In August
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global