Six venues in Los Angeles will play host to the new Sundance Institute-backed Next Weekend Film Festival, an extension of Sundance’s stylistically adventurous NEXT < => section to be held August 9-11, 2013. The Next Weekend line-up will include eight unreleased features in addition to previously screened films, panels, a shorts program, and the half-day ShortsLab: Los Angeles filmmaking workshop. The fest will be headquartered at West Hollywood’s Sundance Sunset Cinema with additional screenings held at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theatre, Cinefamily, Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, MOCA, and the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
Sundance Institute To Launch Next Weekend Film Fest In August
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE