EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of his frequent collaborator and friend Hugh Laurie becoming a TV star in America with House, popular British actor/comedian/writer/game show host Stephen Fry has signed on for his first U.S. pilot. Fry will play the co-lead opposite fellow Brit Rupert Grint in CBS’ single-camera comedy pilot Super Clyde. Written/executive produced by Greg Garcia and directed by Mike Fresco, it is about Clyde (Rupert Grint), a meek, unassuming fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Fry will play Super Clyde’s sidekick, Randolph, the butler — the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne. Fry, repped by ICM Partners and UK’s Hamilton Hodell. On US TV, Fry did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Stephen Fry To Co-Star In Greg Garcia’s CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Super Clyde’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'