The UK release of J.J. Abrams‘ Star Trek Into Darkness has officially been moved up by a week to May 9 when it will go out in IMAX 3D, 3D and 2D cinemas. Paramount currently has the film set for a May 17 release in the States with IMAX 3D screenings on May 15. The shift has led some to wonder if the U.S. date may move to May 9 as well, but then what would happen to all those Super Bowl viewers who unlocked movie tickets for special early showings on the 15th? Simon Pegg, who plays Scotty in the film, just tweeted: “Looks like Star Trek Into Darkness will land in the UK first. Release date May 9th. That’s about 8 weeks away. Not long considering.” There have also been rumblings that the movie would get a special screening at the Cannes Film Festival which runs from May 15-26, but I’ve heard that is not the case. The new release date would seem to support that since movies are rarely screened in Cannes after they’ve premiered big elsewhere. Click over for the Star Trek Into Darkness motion poster narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch‘s villain, but beware the autoplay:
‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Gets New UK Release Date One Week Ahead Of The U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Stana Katic Scrubs In For Horror Movie ‘Cadaver’ At Screen Gems
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ‘Inferno’ Starts Weekend With $800K – Box Office
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites