Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO may have more competition on the horizon if the popular music streaming service adds video content to its offerings. Spotify, launched in 2008, now reaches over 10 million users worldwide — 3 million of which pay monthly membership fees of $4.99 or $9.99 for on-demand music streams. Sources tell Business Insider Spotify is looking to partner on creating original content a la Netflix’s House Of Cards as it mulls the expansion into video.
Spotify Eyeing Streaming Video: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'