Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO may have more competition on the horizon if the popular music streaming service adds video content to its offerings. Spotify, launched in 2008, now reaches over 10 million users worldwide — 3 million of which pay monthly membership fees of $4.99 or $9.99 for on-demand music streams. Sources tell Business Insider Spotify is looking to partner on creating original content a la Netflix’s House Of Cards as it mulls the expansion into video.
Spotify Eyeing Streaming Video: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'