Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO may have more competition on the horizon if the popular music streaming service adds video content to its offerings. Spotify, launched in 2008, now reaches over 10 million users worldwide — 3 million of which pay monthly membership fees of $4.99 or $9.99 for on-demand music streams. Sources tell Business Insider Spotify is looking to partner on creating original content a la Netflix’s House Of Cards as it mulls the expansion into video.
Spotify Eyeing Streaming Video: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara