Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO may have more competition on the horizon if the popular music streaming service adds video content to its offerings. Spotify, launched in 2008, now reaches over 10 million users worldwide — 3 million of which pay monthly membership fees of $4.99 or $9.99 for on-demand music streams. Sources tell Business Insider Spotify is looking to partner on creating original content a la Netflix’s House Of Cards as it mulls the expansion into video.
Spotify Eyeing Streaming Video: Report
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016