Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO may have more competition on the horizon if the popular music streaming service adds video content to its offerings. Spotify, launched in 2008, now reaches over 10 million users worldwide — 3 million of which pay monthly membership fees of $4.99 or $9.99 for on-demand music streams. Sources tell Business Insider Spotify is looking to partner on creating original content a la Netflix’s House Of Cards as it mulls the expansion into video.
Spotify Eyeing Streaming Video: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Los Angeles On-Location Filming Falls For Third Quarter In A Row
- Kevin Smith To Donate Dividends From Weinstein-Made Movies To Women In Film
- Los Angeles Film Festival Moving To Fall Starting In 2018