EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is negotiating with Rob Letterman to helm Goosebumps, the feature film based on the R.L. Stine young-adult fright book series. Letterman certainly seems qualified for rustling up scares for a family audience; his directing credits that include Monsters Vs Aliens, Shark Tale and Gulliver’s Travels, and his scripts include The Disappeared for Jason Bateman’s Aggregrate banner, and Paranormalists for Brian Grazer. Goosebumps will be produced by Neal H. Moritz, and Sony Pictures is making the film with Scholastic Entertainment. Letterman is repped by WME.
Sony Pictures Scaring Up ‘Goosebumps’ Director; Rob Letterman In Talks To Helm Feature From R.L. Stine Fright Novels
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge