EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is negotiating with Rob Letterman to helm Goosebumps, the feature film based on the R.L. Stine young-adult fright book series. Letterman certainly seems qualified for rustling up scares for a family audience; his directing credits that include Monsters Vs Aliens, Shark Tale and Gulliver’s Travels, and his scripts include The Disappeared for Jason Bateman’s Aggregrate banner, and Paranormalists for Brian Grazer. Goosebumps will be produced by Neal H. Moritz, and Sony Pictures is making the film with Scholastic Entertainment. Letterman is repped by WME.
Sony Pictures Scaring Up ‘Goosebumps’ Director; Rob Letterman In Talks To Helm Feature From R.L. Stine Fright Novels
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song
- ‘Bushwick’ Clip: Dave Bautista Fights To Survive Civil War In Sundance Thriller
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Tackle Best Actress Race
- Sundance: Park City Will Be “Under Siege” For Women’s March With Huge Crowd Expected
- Slamdance Docu ‘Supergirl’ Sells To FilmRise
- Alexandra Shipp Negotiating For Lead Role In Fox 2000’s ‘Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda’