First off a note to future Oscar nominees — both nominees who hosted Saturday Night Live in the final phase of the Oscar campaign this year — Jennifer Lawrence and Christoph Waltz — went on to win despite their appearances on NBC’s late-night show stirring some controversy. Ratings-wise, after taking a dip with Waltz as host in its most recent original, SNL rebounded last night with host Kevin Hart and musical guest Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (4.8/12 in metered-market households, 2.8/13 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters). That was up 4% in households and 12% in 18-49 from the Waltz-hosted show. In 18-49, SNL matched the result of the January 26 episode hosted by Adam Levine.
‘SNL’ Ratings Inch Up With Host Kevin Hart
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates