Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and YouTube today unveiled details about the March 20 launch of The You Generation, a global online audition channel. Launching in 26 countries, the channel will run a competition over 52 weeks with 26 two-week rounds. Contestants will be able to upload their auditions in categories that range from makeup and style to cooking and of course singing. The submission will be judged by Syco executives and experts. The winner of each round will be announced on the 2nd Friday of every two-week cycle. The winner will receive a cash prize and will become a finalist for the grand prize awarded at the end of the year-long contest. The You Generation will go live with a live stream interview with Syco artists, One Direction. The channel will be hosted by British presenter Will Best. Best and Simon Cowell will announce the bi-weekly contest categories via The You Generation’s technology partner, Skype.
Simon Cowell’s YouTube Audition Channel Launches
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox