Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and YouTube today unveiled details about the March 20 launch of The You Generation, a global online audition channel. Launching in 26 countries, the channel will run a competition over 52 weeks with 26 two-week rounds. Contestants will be able to upload their auditions in categories that range from makeup and style to cooking and of course singing. The submission will be judged by Syco executives and experts. The winner of each round will be announced on the 2nd Friday of every two-week cycle. The winner will receive a cash prize and will become a finalist for the grand prize awarded at the end of the year-long contest. The You Generation will go live with a live stream interview with Syco artists, One Direction. The channel will be hosted by British presenter Will Best. Best and Simon Cowell will announce the bi-weekly contest categories via The You Generation’s technology partner, Skype.
Simon Cowell’s YouTube Audition Channel Launches
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Pirated’ Pacquiao-Mayweather Bout Opens ‘SNL’ Return
- Scarlett Johansson Loves To Love, Ya Baby: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Delayed By Widespread Cable & Satellite Outages – Update
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Nets $400M For HBO/Showtime; Hollywood Comes Big
- Controversy Dogs #MayPac: Were Reporters Banned For Criticizing Mayweather?
- ‘Beyond The Tank’ Ratings Strong In Debut, ‘Blue Bloods’ Finale Steady With 2014, ‘Grimm’ Down