Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and YouTube today unveiled details about the March 20 launch of The You Generation, a global online audition channel. Launching in 26 countries, the channel will run a competition over 52 weeks with 26 two-week rounds. Contestants will be able to upload their auditions in categories that range from makeup and style to cooking and of course singing. The submission will be judged by Syco executives and experts. The winner of each round will be announced on the 2nd Friday of every two-week cycle. The winner will receive a cash prize and will become a finalist for the grand prize awarded at the end of the year-long contest. The You Generation will go live with a live stream interview with Syco artists, One Direction. The channel will be hosted by British presenter Will Best. Best and Simon Cowell will announce the bi-weekly contest categories via The You Generation’s technology partner, Skype.
Simon Cowell’s YouTube Audition Channel Launches
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody
- Turkey PM Recep Ergdodan Cracks Down On Media Following Failed Coup
- Stephen Colbert Intros Identical Twin Cousin & ‘The Werd’
- CBS Raises Dividend And Stock Buybacks Ahead Of Q2 Earnings Report
- Netflix Renews Will Arnett’s ‘Flaked’ For 2017 Second Season