EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter-director Stuart Beattie has signed with Resolution. He follows his longtime agent Martin Spencer, who moved from CAA to join Jeff Berg’s agency start-up. Beattie’s credits include Collateral, Pirates Of The Caribbean, 30 Days Of Night, and G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra. He just directed his script I, Frankenstein for Lakeshore with Lionsgate distributing, and is adapting the Laini Taylor novel Daughter Of Smoke And Bone for Universal and producer Joe Roth. This follows the move of Doug Liman to Resolution and Paranormal Activity helmer Oren Peli to WME in the wake of Spencer and Adam Kanter’s exits for Resolution. I expect there will be more client fallout to follow. Beattie is a writer who works all the time on big studio projects and this is a coup for Resolution.
Screenwriter-Director Stuart Beattie Rejoins His Agent Martin Spencer At Resolution
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films