EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter-director Stuart Beattie has signed with Resolution. He follows his longtime agent Martin Spencer, who moved from CAA to join Jeff Berg’s agency start-up. Beattie’s credits include Collateral, Pirates Of The Caribbean, 30 Days Of Night, and G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra. He just directed his script I, Frankenstein for Lakeshore with Lionsgate distributing, and is adapting the Laini Taylor novel Daughter Of Smoke And Bone for Universal and producer Joe Roth. This follows the move of Doug Liman to Resolution and Paranormal Activity helmer Oren Peli to WME in the wake of Spencer and Adam Kanter’s exits for Resolution. I expect there will be more client fallout to follow. Beattie is a writer who works all the time on big studio projects and this is a coup for Resolution.
Screenwriter-Director Stuart Beattie Rejoins His Agent Martin Spencer At Resolution
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?