EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter-director Stuart Beattie has signed with Resolution. He follows his longtime agent Martin Spencer, who moved from CAA to join Jeff Berg’s agency start-up. Beattie’s credits include Collateral, Pirates Of The Caribbean, 30 Days Of Night, and G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra. He just directed his script I, Frankenstein for Lakeshore with Lionsgate distributing, and is adapting the Laini Taylor novel Daughter Of Smoke And Bone for Universal and producer Joe Roth. This follows the move of Doug Liman to Resolution and Paranormal Activity helmer Oren Peli to WME in the wake of Spencer and Adam Kanter’s exits for Resolution. I expect there will be more client fallout to follow. Beattie is a writer who works all the time on big studio projects and this is a coup for Resolution.
Screenwriter-Director Stuart Beattie Rejoins His Agent Martin Spencer At Resolution
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield Adds It Up In Neo-Noir Thriller
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament