EXCLUSIVE: Sam Taylor-Johnson is in talks to direct A Reliable Wife, Sony Pictures‘ adaptation of the Robert Goolrick bestselling novel. The thriller has a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, and takes place in 1909 Wisconsin where successful businessman Ralph Truitt waits on a train platform for the woman who answered his newspaper ad for “a reliable wife.” His Chicago-born bride to be is actually a scheming gal with a dark past who plans to seduce and poison him, leaving town a rich widow. Turns out that Truitt has dark secrets of his own and their destinies intertwine in a remote estate where they are snowbound and a love triangle develops with Truitt’s adult son. The film is being produced by Michael De Luca, Jami Gertz and her Lime Orchard Productions, and Stacey Lubliner. Taylor-Johnson, a photographer who made short films and videos, made her feature directorial debut Nowhere Boy, about the teen years of John Lennon. She’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane, Offer, Weber, & Dern.
Sam Taylor-Johnson In Talks To Helm ‘A Reliable Wife
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'