EXCLUSIVE: Sam Taylor-Johnson is in talks to direct A Reliable Wife, Sony Pictures‘ adaptation of the Robert Goolrick bestselling novel. The thriller has a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, and takes place in 1909 Wisconsin where successful businessman Ralph Truitt waits on a train platform for the woman who answered his newspaper ad for “a reliable wife.” His Chicago-born bride to be is actually a scheming gal with a dark past who plans to seduce and poison him, leaving town a rich widow. Turns out that Truitt has dark secrets of his own and their destinies intertwine in a remote estate where they are snowbound and a love triangle develops with Truitt’s adult son. The film is being produced by Michael De Luca, Jami Gertz and her Lime Orchard Productions, and Stacey Lubliner. Taylor-Johnson, a photographer who made short films and videos, made her feature directorial debut Nowhere Boy, about the teen years of John Lennon. She’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane, Offer, Weber, & Dern.
Sam Taylor-Johnson In Talks To Helm ‘A Reliable Wife
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance