EXCLUSIVE: Sam Taylor-Johnson is in talks to direct A Reliable Wife, Sony Pictures‘ adaptation of the Robert Goolrick bestselling novel. The thriller has a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, and takes place in 1909 Wisconsin where successful businessman Ralph Truitt waits on a train platform for the woman who answered his newspaper ad for “a reliable wife.” His Chicago-born bride to be is actually a scheming gal with a dark past who plans to seduce and poison him, leaving town a rich widow. Turns out that Truitt has dark secrets of his own and their destinies intertwine in a remote estate where they are snowbound and a love triangle develops with Truitt’s adult son. The film is being produced by Michael De Luca, Jami Gertz and her Lime Orchard Productions, and Stacey Lubliner. Taylor-Johnson, a photographer who made short films and videos, made her feature directorial debut Nowhere Boy, about the teen years of John Lennon. She’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane, Offer, Weber, & Dern.
Sam Taylor-Johnson In Talks To Helm ‘A Reliable Wife
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend