America Fererra, who starred in husband and writer-director Ryan Piers Williams‘ 2010 Sundance feature The Dry Land, is rejoining him for X/Y, a relationship drama that has started production in New York. Williams, Melonie Diaz, Jon Paul Phillips, Dree Hemingway, Adam Rapp, Maria Dizzia David Harbour, Ann Dowd and Common also have come aboard the project, which looks inside the lives and minds of an interconnected group of friends in New York City. The character-driven drama explores the challenges people face in communicating and connecting. Williams has been busy, having just been at SXSW promoting the world premiere of the Brian Geraghty-starring Kilimanjaro, which Williams produced. He also is producing X/Y with Ferrera, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman, and Kwesi Collisson. Executive producers are Mark G. Mathis, Margo Johnston, Dori A. Sperko, Paull Cho, Todd Feuer, Mike Feuer, Jason Silverman, Caroline Kaplan and Kim Gillingham.
Ryan Piers Williams Pic ‘X/Y’ Sets Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More