America Fererra, who starred in husband and writer-director Ryan Piers Williams‘ 2010 Sundance feature The Dry Land, is rejoining him for X/Y, a relationship drama that has started production in New York. Williams, Melonie Diaz, Jon Paul Phillips, Dree Hemingway, Adam Rapp, Maria Dizzia David Harbour, Ann Dowd and Common also have come aboard the project, which looks inside the lives and minds of an interconnected group of friends in New York City. The character-driven drama explores the challenges people face in communicating and connecting. Williams has been busy, having just been at SXSW promoting the world premiere of the Brian Geraghty-starring Kilimanjaro, which Williams produced. He also is producing X/Y with Ferrera, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman, and Kwesi Collisson. Executive producers are Mark G. Mathis, Margo Johnston, Dori A. Sperko, Paull Cho, Todd Feuer, Mike Feuer, Jason Silverman, Caroline Kaplan and Kim Gillingham.
Ryan Piers Williams Pic ‘X/Y’ Sets Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen”
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'