EXCLUSIVE: The Robot & Frank team of helmer Jake Schreier and writer Chris Ford have reunited for a new project. They have sold an original idea to Treehouse Pictures, which backed Arbitrage. Ford will write and Schreier will direct. The untitled film is an action-packed love story set in the world left behind after everyone becomes addicted to the internet. Their last film, the Frank Langella-Susan Sarandon-starrer Robot & Frank, premiered to raves at 2012 Sundance and was released last summer by Sony and Samuel Goldwyn. It won the Alfred P Sloan Feature Film Prize and Ford was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay. Schreier is represented by CAA and Oasis Media Group, Ford by CAA and 3 Arts.
‘Robot & Frank’s Jake Schreier And Chris Ford Set Next Project At Treehouse Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount