EXCLUSIVE: The Robot & Frank team of helmer Jake Schreier and writer Chris Ford have reunited for a new project. They have sold an original idea to Treehouse Pictures, which backed Arbitrage. Ford will write and Schreier will direct. The untitled film is an action-packed love story set in the world left behind after everyone becomes addicted to the internet. Their last film, the Frank Langella-Susan Sarandon-starrer Robot & Frank, premiered to raves at 2012 Sundance and was released last summer by Sony and Samuel Goldwyn. It won the Alfred P Sloan Feature Film Prize and Ford was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay. Schreier is represented by CAA and Oasis Media Group, Ford by CAA and 3 Arts.
‘Robot & Frank’s Jake Schreier And Chris Ford Set Next Project At Treehouse Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?