EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content