EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Business News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge
- Hollywood's Union Pension Plans On Sound Financial Footing, Analysis Shows
- ‘Hamilton’s $3.1M Week Keeps Broadway Box Office On An Even Keel
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April