EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Labor Department: Art Directors Guild Exec Director Is “Officer” & Must Stand For Election
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- NFL Draft Day 1 Viewership Down From 2015; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Wins Demo
- Time Warner’s Jeff Bewkes Made $31.5M in 2015, Down 4.3%
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown