EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
More From Lieberman
- Would A Hollywood Deal With Alibaba Be Cause For Alarm Or Elation?
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made $44.3M In 2014, +19.3%
- Wall Street Wonders: Can DreamWorks Animation Survive Another Failure?
- Sony Says Hack Will Delay Financial Report; Calls Impact “Not Material”
- DreamWorks Animation Restructuring To Cut 500 Jobs With $290M Charge
- PwC Taps Martha Ruiz To Help Oversee Oscar Results