EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest Business News
- Acclaimed Long Wharf Theatre A.D. Given Leave In Wake Of Harassment Allegations
- Bill Cosby Addresses Retrial, Plays Drums During Jazz Club Performance
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings On Disney’s Streaming Service: “I’ll Be A Subscriber”
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown