EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Will Redbox's 25% Price Hike For DVD Rentals Hurt Its Bargain Image?
- Exhibitors Agree To “Landmark” ADA Compromise On Closed Captioning
- Court Blocks FCC On Content Deals, Cutting Outsiders' Access To Program Terms
- Turner Networks, Including CNN, Return To Dish Network
- Norman Lear Nixes 'All In The Family' Reboot For Sony--For Now
- Aereo Files For Bankruptcy Protection