Rick Eid has joined CBS‘ drama pilot Hostages as executive producer. Eid will serve as co-showrunner on the project, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros. TV, alongside writer/director/executive producer Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Based on an Israeli format, Hostages centers on Ellen (Toni Collette), a successful surgeon who is selected to operate on the President of the United States (James Naughton) and thrust into the middle of a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage, with Dylan McDermott as a righteous FBI agent at the center of the conspiracy. The gig extends Eid’s relationship with Bruckheimer TV — he was a consulting producer on the company’s long-running CBS series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and was executive producer/showrunner on its TNT series Dark Blue. Hostages also reunites Eid, who is under an overall deal at CBS TV Studios, with Warner Bros. and Dark Blue star McDermott. WME-repped Eid also exec produced NBC’s Law & Order, created NBC’s Conviction, and worked on CBS’ The Guardian.
Rick Eid Joins CBS’ ‘Hostages’ As Executive Producer/Showrunner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres