EXCLUSIVE: Southland star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. King, repped by ICM Partners, John Carrabino and Nina Shaw, will play Cassandra, the diva of a dental hygienist mercurial wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg). For King, the casting is in second position to Southland, which is airing its fifth season. The critically praised cop show has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future. However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
Regina King To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over