EXCLUSIVE: Southland star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, from Sony TV and ABC Studios. Written by Mike Sikowitz & Daniel Lappin based on an Israeli format and directed by Pam Fryman, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. King, repped by ICM Partners, John Carrabino and Nina Shaw, will play Cassandra, the diva of a dental hygienist mercurial wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg). For King, the casting is in second position to Southland, which is airing its fifth season. The critically praised cop show has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future. However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
Regina King To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'