Sundance Channel’s first wholly-owned scripted production, Rectify, premieres on April 22 in the U.S. The show, from AMC Networks and Breaking Bad producers Gran Via, has been secured by AMC/Sundance Channel Global for an exclusive first window rollout in Asia, Latin America and select European territories including France, Spain, Portugal and Benelux. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling international sales on the six-episode serial that stars Killer Elite‘s Aden Young as a man released from prison after 19 years when DNA evidence casts doubt on his conviction for the rape and murder of a young girl. He returns to his hometown where he must readjust to his new life as doubt still lingers over his innocence. Abigail Spencer, Clayne Crawford, Luke Kirby, Adelaide Clemens and J. Smith Cameron also star. Ray McKinnon created the show.
‘Rectify’ Overseas Via AMC/Sundance Global
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies