The annual Producers Guild Of America-hosted confab, designed to foster producers with diverse perspectives in television, film, and digital media, will be held from May 28 to July 13 in Los Angeles. Submissions will open on March 11 and close April 19 at 12 midnight PT, with ten candidates selected to participate in one-on-one mentoring sessions and master classes with veteran producers and PGA members. “Reflecting diverse communities through accurate and informative storytelling is an incredibly powerful tool that brings us all closer together”, workshop chair and PGA Diversity Committee chair Deborah Calla (Dream House, A Beautiful Life) said in a statement. “As PGA producers, we have a responsibility not just to appreciate different perspectives, but to empower such producers with the tools, resources and capacity to assist them in bringing their projects to fruition”. In past years the “Power Of Diversity” workshop enlisted Silver Linings Playbook‘s Bruce Cohen, Grey’s Anatomy‘s Mark Gordon, The Last Samurai‘s Marshall Herskovitz, LOST/Star Trek‘s Damon Lindelof, Nurse Jackie‘s Caryn Mandabach, Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice creator Shonda Rhimes, Sex And The City‘s Darren Star, Smallville‘s Mike Tollin, and X-Men producer Ralph Winter as mentors.
Producers Guild Announces 9th Annual ‘Power Of Diversity’ Workshop
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First