The annual Producers Guild Of America-hosted confab, designed to foster producers with diverse perspectives in television, film, and digital media, will be held from May 28 to July 13 in Los Angeles. Submissions will open on March 11 and close April 19 at 12 midnight PT, with ten candidates selected to participate in one-on-one mentoring sessions and master classes with veteran producers and PGA members. “Reflecting diverse communities through accurate and informative storytelling is an incredibly powerful tool that brings us all closer together”, workshop chair and PGA Diversity Committee chair Deborah Calla (Dream House, A Beautiful Life) said in a statement. “As PGA producers, we have a responsibility not just to appreciate different perspectives, but to empower such producers with the tools, resources and capacity to assist them in bringing their projects to fruition”. In past years the “Power Of Diversity” workshop enlisted Silver Linings Playbook‘s Bruce Cohen, Grey’s Anatomy‘s Mark Gordon, The Last Samurai‘s Marshall Herskovitz, LOST/Star Trek‘s Damon Lindelof, Nurse Jackie‘s Caryn Mandabach, Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice creator Shonda Rhimes, Sex And The City‘s Darren Star, Smallville‘s Mike Tollin, and X-Men producer Ralph Winter as mentors.
Producers Guild Announces 9th Annual ‘Power Of Diversity’ Workshop
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC