Phil Brock, who runs his own Studio Talent Group, stepped down from his elected post as president of the Talent Managers Association last night. He had served in the position since May 2011 and has been a member of the nonprofit organization for 18 years. He will remain a member. Artistic Endeavors’ Annet McCroskey, the TMA Board of Directors’ first VP, is stepping into the role as interim president until the group’s elections this summer. McCroskey said she will spearhead protective measures for underage clients in light of recent abuse controversies that have rocked the industry. “The TMA is actively involved in supporting legislative change such as the Child Protection Bill AB 1660, to protect minors working in the entertainment industry”, McCroskey told Deadline. Such initiatives may eventually include required fingerprinting and background checks on TMA member talent managers. McCroskey is also in prep for the group’s 12th Annual Heller Awards, which honor casting directors, agents, and managers and are held each fall.
Phil Brock Resigns As President Of Talent Managers Association
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?