The Disney pic eclipsed the worldwide milestone yesterday, with the international cume now at $154.2M to go along with $152.9M domestic. Oz The Great And Powerful is likely to pass $175M on Sunday in North America, with spring break vacation and the Easter weekend still to come. Sam Raimi’s 3D fantasy crossed $100M in six days after its huge $80M+ domestic debut March 8 — the biggest opening of 2013 and the third-best March opening ever — and it held its No. 1 spot this past weekend with little in the way of competition for family eyeballs.
‘Oz The Great And Powerful’ Crosses $300M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- ‘Martian’ 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips ‘Walk’…
- Broadway Box Office Inches Back Up; ‘Finding Neverland’ Off 40% Since August
- Will Free Tickets To ‘School Of Rock’ Spur Younger Broadway Audience?
- Specialty Box Office: ‘He Named Me Malala’ Tops A Lackluster Weekend; ‘Jafar Panahi’s Taxi…
- ‘Lost In Hong Kong’ Rises To $167M+ After Only 7 Days In China — Int’l Box Office