The stock is up 12.6% to $8.50 in post market trading after real estate and sports mogul Stanley Kroenke disclosed that he made a $227M offer, equal to $8.75 a share, for the cable channel company. That tops the $208M, or $8 a share, that Outdoor accepted in November from InterMedia Outdoor Holdings, which owns The Sportsman Channel. The agreement became controversial: Several shareholders alleged that the terms undervalued Outdoor and provided them with too little information about how the deal was made. But proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services this week urged investors to support the deal at a special vote on March 13. Kroenke could present a formidable challenge. He owns the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, and the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche — and has enlisted Allen & Co for financial advice and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz for legal support. InterMedia can collect a $6.5M breakup fee if Outdoor decides not to go through with their deal.
Outdoor Channel Shares Soar After New Bidder Emerges
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Business News
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons”…
- Charlize Theron Says Arming Teachers With Guns Is “So Outrageous”
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe