Now You See Me, the Summit Entertainment heist pic about a team of illusionists who rob banks during their performances and share the booty with their audiences, will now open wide May 31, 2013, up from its previous June 7 slot, Lionsgate said today. Louis Leterrier directs from a script by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt, and Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine, Elias Koteas and Common star. Meanwhile, Summit’s sequel Red 2 about not-so-retired spies will now open July 19, up from August 2. Dean Parisot directed Jon Hoeber & Erich Hoeber’s screenplay based on the graphic novel. Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker and Helen Mirren return to star.
Lionsgate/Summit Shifts Dates For Pair
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'