Nick Jonas is set to star opposite Isabel Lucas in the thriller Careful What You Wish For directed by Elizabeth Allen and penned by Chris Frisina and Gregg Hurwitz. The announcement was made today by Hyde Park-Image Nation and Troika Pictures. This will be Grammy-nominated Jonas’ first lead acting role in a feature film. The story centers on Doug (Jonas), who gets more than he bargained for when he starts having an affair with Lena (Lucas), the young wife of an investment banker renting the lake house next door for the summer. The husband’s suspicious death reveals a substantial life insurance policy and everyone is a suspect. The central roles of a sheriff and insurance investigator have yet to be cast. Robert L. Stein, Michael A. Helfant and Bradley Gallo for Troika and Ashok Amritraj for Hyde Park will produce along with Kirk D’Amico. Stuart Brown, Raj Singh and Kevin Frakes will exec produce for Merced Media Partners; William Gallo and Dale Rosenbloom will executive produce, with Phillip Cohen as co-executive producer, for Troika. Hyde Park International is repping international rights. Shooting begins April 22 in Charlotte, NC.
Nick Jonas To Star In ‘Careful What You Wish For’
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog