NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns has found its Chad. Nelson Franklin (Argo) has joined the project, from writer Justin Spitzer, Peter Traugott’s TBD Prods and Universal TV. The ensemble multi-camera comedy is about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Franklin plays Chad, Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) and Leah’s (Chyler Leigh) arrogant, misogynistic friend, now a successful chick-lit author who returns home for the wedding. He replaces Robert Buckley who was originally cast in the role but exited after the table read. Franklin, repped by WME, Principato Young and Ken Richman, recently recurred on New Girl and Veep and will next be seen in the films Get A Job and jOBS.
Nelson Franklin Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed