NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns has found its Chad. Nelson Franklin (Argo) has joined the project, from writer Justin Spitzer, Peter Traugott’s TBD Prods and Universal TV. The ensemble multi-camera comedy is about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Franklin plays Chad, Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) and Leah’s (Chyler Leigh) arrogant, misogynistic friend, now a successful chick-lit author who returns home for the wedding. He replaces Robert Buckley who was originally cast in the role but exited after the table read. Franklin, repped by WME, Principato Young and Ken Richman, recently recurred on New Girl and Veep and will next be seen in the films Get A Job and jOBS.
Nelson Franklin Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over