NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns has found its Chad. Nelson Franklin (Argo) has joined the project, from writer Justin Spitzer, Peter Traugott’s TBD Prods and Universal TV. The ensemble multi-camera comedy is about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Franklin plays Chad, Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) and Leah’s (Chyler Leigh) arrogant, misogynistic friend, now a successful chick-lit author who returns home for the wedding. He replaces Robert Buckley who was originally cast in the role but exited after the table read. Franklin, repped by WME, Principato Young and Ken Richman, recently recurred on New Girl and Veep and will next be seen in the films Get A Job and jOBS.
Nelson Franklin Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order