NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns has found its Chad. Nelson Franklin (Argo) has joined the project, from writer Justin Spitzer, Peter Traugott’s TBD Prods and Universal TV. The ensemble multi-camera comedy is about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Franklin plays Chad, Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) and Leah’s (Chyler Leigh) arrogant, misogynistic friend, now a successful chick-lit author who returns home for the wedding. He replaces Robert Buckley who was originally cast in the role but exited after the table read. Franklin, repped by WME, Principato Young and Ken Richman, recently recurred on New Girl and Veep and will next be seen in the films Get A Job and jOBS.
Nelson Franklin Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”
- Elizabeth Perkins Joins ‘Preacher’ Cast