NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns has found its Chad. Nelson Franklin (Argo) has joined the project, from writer Justin Spitzer, Peter Traugott’s TBD Prods and Universal TV. The ensemble multi-camera comedy is about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Franklin plays Chad, Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) and Leah’s (Chyler Leigh) arrogant, misogynistic friend, now a successful chick-lit author who returns home for the wedding. He replaces Robert Buckley who was originally cast in the role but exited after the table read. Franklin, repped by WME, Principato Young and Ken Richman, recently recurred on New Girl and Veep and will next be seen in the films Get A Job and jOBS.
Nelson Franklin Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better