NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot Donor Party has been on hold because of difficulties casting the lead. The project, written by Alex Schemmer, centers on an irresponsible man forced to grow up when he discovers he has children resulting from his days as a sperm donor. I hear NBC went heavily after Rainn Wilson and Seann William Scott, offering both actors episodic guarantees, and decided to put a pin in the pilot after both passed. NBC has now slated the project, from Lionsgate, Media Talent Group and Universal TV, for off-season production. NBC also recently postponed drama pilot Wonderland because of the complexity of production for the Alice In Wonderland-themed project.
NBC’s Comedy Pilot ‘Donor Party’ Pushed
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing