NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot Donor Party has been on hold because of difficulties casting the lead. The project, written by Alex Schemmer, centers on an irresponsible man forced to grow up when he discovers he has children resulting from his days as a sperm donor. I hear NBC went heavily after Rainn Wilson and Seann William Scott, offering both actors episodic guarantees, and decided to put a pin in the pilot after both passed. NBC has now slated the project, from Lionsgate, Media Talent Group and Universal TV, for off-season production. NBC also recently postponed drama pilot Wonderland because of the complexity of production for the Alice In Wonderland-themed project.
NBC’s Comedy Pilot ‘Donor Party’ Pushed
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'