Interior designer Nate Berkus, whose daytime syndicated talk show ran on the NBC O&Os for two seasons, is coming back to the NBC stations across the country — this time with a primetime network program. NBC has given a 10-episode order to Renovation Nation, a home makeover competition series hosted and executive produced by Oprah Winfrey protege Berkus, who will also serve as judge and advocate, mentoring the contestants week to week. On the series, two teams tackle two new homes each week. In every episode, Berkus will present contestants with extensive design and build challenges. The contestants will be evaluated by Berkus and his team of experts to determine which team did the best. The winning team will be safe from elimination and the losing team will have to chose who to send home. Viewers will be able to tour the homes virtually and purchase specific items that are featured in that episode. In addition, weekly prizes will be given away to viewers, ranging from luxury household items to home makeovers and cold hard cash. The series will conclude in a live finale, where viewers will vote to determine the winner and two dream homes will be given away to two lucky viewers. “We believe we are in a time where Americans want to feel empowered and inspired to make changes to their homes; changes that will not only increase their value and quality of life but at the same time — not break the bank,” NBC president of alternative Paul Telegly said.
NBC Greenlights Home Makeover Reality Competition Series Starring Nate Berkus
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- Nick Weidenfeld Inks First-Look Animation Deal With Hulu